For Sale…

So I really didn’t see that coming. I think had you told me 2 weeks ago that we were going to be under contract on a house and have our house on the market I would have laughed. I kind of feel like that is how this year has gone…had you told me New Years Eve that we would start the adoption process again I would have laughed, and yet by January 8th we were matched with sweet little Paxton. And had you told me the day that our paper work went to Korea in early March as we officially became in process and set to be an all little boy family of 6, that a week later we’d get a phone call about a little girl I don’t think I would have believed you. And so 2016 you have been full of surprises and have definitely made what I thought was going on and where we were going to be completely disrupted at each junction.

And so here we are. We knew we were going to need a bigger house and bigger yard, but our plan had been to wait until Paxton and Coppelia were home. We have a friend who is a realtor and she has been sending us homes via email for the past year or so, and we’ve just looked on the email and kept on going. However about 2 weeks ago a house came across and I told Clint “do you think they will wait 9 months till we are ready to buy?” He laughed and went on. I didn’t though. I kept pulling up the house and thinking about it. And so I was working a night shift and the ER actually slowed down around 3AM and I pulled up the house. There was a spot to send the listing agent a note, and so I asked if they would be interested in waiting a number of months. That’s all well and good, but I happened to put Clint’s phone number and email address down instead of mine….I figured if they called they could talk to him (I think I have a huge aversion to phone calls), and besides I’d be sleeping the next morning. I happened to catch Clint on his way out the door to take the boys to gymnastics when I got home that next morning so I warned him he might get a call. He was less than pleased. However that phone call lead to more and then next morning we went to see the house.

Ultimately we ended up putting an offer in that was accepted and then we have spent the past week getting our house ready to go on the market. And so here we are. Our house has been on the market since Friday evening, we had an open house Saturday and are waiting to get calls for showings. We are super excited about the new house, but worried about our current house selling. It’s a lot of waiting and trusting. I’m super nervous right now about whether or not things will go through and trying to just trust.

I think that’s what this year has been about. A lot of trust, and not worrying. Can’t say I’ve done a great job at it most of the time. I’ve worried far more than I should have. Far more. The verse I chose my senior year of highschool as my senior quote was Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.” And so I need to do a lot more trusting and reminding myself that it’s a good thing I’m not in control.

And so…here we go!